Bachelor in Business Administration,
Saint Mary’s College, Notre Dame
Certified Fraud Examiner
Project Management Professional
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Project Management Institute
Legal Assistance Foundation
Young Professionals Executive Council
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Brooke has twelve years consulting experience across various industries including telecommunications, manufacturing, financial services, e-commerce, healthcare and insurance. Brooke has assisted clients involved in tax disputes, accounting investigations, financial statement restatements, and complex business transactions.
Prior to joining Natoma Partners, Brooke was a director in Huron Consulting Group’s Disputes and Investigations practice and, prior to that, a consultant at Arthur Andersen LLP in its Healthcare and Government Contracts group.
Representative examples of Brooke’s engagement experience include the following:
- Assisted a large, multinational medical products manufacturer in a dispute with the IRS regarding the IRS’s assertion that the company’s international transfer pricing policies resulted in insufficient income being recorded in the United States. Work performed included preparing various accounting analyses to support the client’s position, as well as analyzing the positions of the IRS and their expert.
- Worked with various financial institution receiverships to perform investigations into tens of millions of dollars in loan losses. Engagement objectives were to identify patterns of misconduct, including any potential for further criminal investigations by federal authorities, and potential theories of claim for recovery through civil legal action. Engagement initiatives included the investigation of each financial institution’s directors, officers, clients, accountants, appraisers, attorneys and brokers, including recommendations for potential sources of restitution. In addition, an analysis of targeted loans associated with major losses was performed, including a detailed review of each institution’s loan policy and underwriting processes in conjunction with the institution’s documented decisions and actions.
- Managed a team of consultants engaged by an SEC-appointed Receiver of a private equity fund to trace funds and quantify potential misappropriations associated with entities of interest in the Receiver’s investigation and U.S. District Court proceedings.
- Acted as a project manager of a team of over sixty-five consultants engaged by a Fortune 500 manufacturing company, brought in to address a discrete list of accounting areas identified by the company’s auditor, which was subsequently expanded to a 3-year restatement with a new auditor. Accomplishments include the development of both executive-level and segment-level reporting packages, as well as semi-monthly Audit Committee communication packages. Identified critical path work streams and assisted with the development of a high-level strategy and timeline for completion while managing organization-wide infrastructure, technology, and resource constraints.
- Managed a team of over twenty consultants in a large accounting investigation of a federally chartered secondary mortgage market maker on behalf of the entity’s Board of Directors. Responsibilities included the set-up and management of electronic document discovery tools, training and management of the team responsible for the review of more than ten million documents, and analysis of the documents determined to be key in the investigation.
- Advised a major telecommunications corporation with the management, reconciliation, and resolution of over 38,000 bankruptcy-related claims against the 220 filing entities. Activities included tracking and executive reporting on claim-related data in connection with bankruptcy proceedings and creditor settlements, as well as integration of claims payout calculations into the client’s accounting software.