Education & Certifications
Master of Science, Accounting,
University of Notre Dame
Bachelor of Science, Accounting,
Arizona State University
Certified Public Accountant
Licensed in Illinois
Professional & Civic Involvement
American Institute of Certified Public
Illinois CPA Society
Association of Certified Fraud
Tax Assistance Program
HFS Chicago Scholars
150 South Wacker Dr., Suite 2300
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Phone 312-237-4823 Print Email
Jennifer has experience in financial reporting, accounting investigations, forensic accounting and litigation support. She has served clients in the media, communications, and manufacturing industries.
Prior to joining Natoma Partners, Jennifer was a manager at Huron Consulting Group where she primarily worked on technical accounting issues, financial statement restatements, and accounting investigations. Prior to Huron, Jennifer worked at KPMG in the audit practice where she gained experience working on financial audits and audits of internal controls over financial reporting.
Representative examples of Jennifer’s engagement experience include the following:
- Assisted with expert opinion report regarding sources of funds used to pay environmental expenses. Analyses included tracing cash through multiple ledgers and subsidiaries.
- Assisted with damages calculation of lost profits for a dredging company. Included constructing a pro forma P&L based on fixed costs incurred and other operational data.
- Prepared analysis to determine optimal financing strategy and incremental cost analysis for a Fortune 500 manufacturing client’s proposed move of its world headquarters.
- Performed a variable interest entity analysis related to multiple transactions between the client and a foreign entity, including a proposed joint venture with related debt and equity transactions.
- Provided valuation services to counsel of a large financial services company (the secured lender) regarding mortgage loan receivables which served as collateral for the secured lender’s loan to a timeshare company.
- Assisted management of a Fortune 500 manufacturing company with its acquisition-related purchase accounting and pro forma financials filed with the SEC in Form 8-K.
- Assisted management with the fair value accounting for its inventory balances including raw materials, WIP, and finished goods.
- Investigated allegations of insider trading related to accounting for equity investments and gains on the sale of real estate.
- Investigated suspected earnings management through reserve accounting manipulation of a publicly traded real estate development/management company.
- Performed forensic analyses and reconstruction of material balance sheet accounts in an investigation of allegations of financial misconduct and accounting irregularities at a non-profit healthcare provider.
- Reviewed and analyzed various financial models of a transfer pricing dispute between a medical device manufacturer and the IRS over the amount of profit recognized by foreign manufacturing plants.
- Assisted SOX compliance department with year-end quantification and aggregation of control deficiencies.
- Recalculated stock-based compensation expense including variable accounting for restricted stock in a financial statement restatement.
- Audited and reviewed SEC filings and financial statements of public and non-public companies. Researched and summarized relevant accounting issues under GAAP and IFRS.