Education & Certifications
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Chicago Lights Tutoring Program
Legal Assistance Foundation
150 South Wacker Dr., Suite 2300
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Phone 312-237-4836 Print Email
Faye has experience in corporate restructuring, complex accounting matters, and financial reporting. She has served in a range of industries including, manufacturing, financial services, insurance, and healthcare.
Prior to joining Natoma Partners, Faye was a Controller with a national restaurant group. She was also a Manager at Huron Consulting Group where she worked on financial restatements, due diligence matters, and investigations. Prior to joining Huron, she worked in public accounting at BDO Seidman LLP overseeing financial audits for both public and private companies.
Representative examples of Faye’s engagement experience include the following:
- Assisted the US Subsidiaries of a large foreign based diversified industrial products manufacturer in a dispute with the IRS regarding the IRS’s assertion that intercompany debt incurred by the US entities should have been characterized as equity, rather than debt. Work performed included preparing various accounting and financial statement analyses.
- Identified lease payment streams requiring restatement due to inappropriate expense recognition under accounting standards. This required the review of approximately 100 leases. Leases in violation of the standard were recalculated and restated.
- Assisted in advising an insurance company to determine the most viable purchasing structure for an anticipated acquisition. Financial models were built and analyzed to evaluate various debt to equity purchasing combinations.
- Prepared financial statement disclosure for 10-K’s and analyses in areas of debt, long term liabilities, restructuring charges, termination benefits and other complex accounting topics in a financial restatement for a Fortune 500 company.
- Participated in an investigation of an insurance and financial service company, where complex accounting transactions designated as special purpose entities were reviewed for their structure and compliance with accounting standards.
- Advised a client in the restaurant industry on appropriate revenue recognition as it related to a significant sales contract involving various contractual contingencies.
- Performed due diligence procedures in matters related to acquisitions and securities transactions, including financial analysis and evaluating the validity of forecasted assumptions.
- Performed audits in compliance with Sarbanes - Oxley for several companies, including developing the required documentation, testing of relevant controls and aggregating the impact of deficiencies.